Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WHAT A DAY!!

Well today started out like any other Wednesday. I woke up at 4:30 to go to my aerobics class came home and slept for a few hours until the kids got up, ate breakfast and then let the kids play while I was getting stuff ready for the craft my friend Laura and I have been getting ready to do.
We are making magnet boards. We are making 5 that are 2x2 and 2 that are 2x3. Today we were going to get them nailed together and filled with wood fill to be ready to sand and paint and attach the metal.
We got them all put together and I went out and got the metal to make some nail start holes in them while we were waiting for the glue to dry. Abby loves shiny stuff..I didn't think anything of it until...it fell on her and sliced her foot open. My first thought was great another trip to the emergency room for stitches, so at just 18 months Abby is following in Austin's footsteps and heading the emergency room for stitches.

This is Abby's poor foot! So sad she can't even really walk because it hurts her to bad.

This is the craft we have been working on. The frames are at least put together.

4 comments:

Cindy Ricks said...

The wood frames look good! Poor Abby that is so sad! That metal is really sharp stuff.

The Scarths said...

Gotta watch out for that shiny stuff! I hope she will not have any more episodes!

Eric and Rozanne said...

That is really sad...who would've thought? The magnet boards look cool, and 4:30 for aerobics, that's crazy! :)

steph said...

ouch. what a fun project minus the stitches.