Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let the Pear Canning Begin!


Pear Canning is one thing I have never really tried doing before. I guess there is a first time for everything. David and Viola (Mikes Parents) had some extra pears that they weren't going to use so they gave them to us. I was just going to cut them up and freeze them but I decided we probably didn't have the freezer room. So I decided to can them. Here is the first batch I did. I don't know how pretty they look...but they should taste good. I didn't quite get the jars full enough but it seems like I never do with anything I can.

4 comments:

Jewelle said...

I'm so jealous! All my life I've helped my mom can. Finally when I can afford it we live somewhere that you can't get fruit without paying oodles of money for it! They sure look yummy!!!

BeforeFamily said...

Those look great! I wish I had some canned pears!! :)

Laura Barrett said...

Mrs Betty Crocker. That's all I have to say.



MJ, what can't you do?

LoriAnn Grigg said...

wow, that's so good of you. I really need to learn how to can. I could probably save us some money. I just need someone like you to teach me.